Monday, October 18, 2010

End of Read-A-Thon Update: Better Late than Never

I haven’t blogged since the Read-A-Thon and with good reason.  The Read-A-Thon is the most blogging I’ve ever done in one day!  I need time to recover.  

The day after the Read-A-Thon feels sort of like a book/blogging hangover (for me anyways).  I just need some time.  Perhaps when I am a more seasoned veteran to blogging, 24 hours of reading/blogging won’t have such a profound effect on my brain.
I am in awe of  the many book bloggers who jump right back in to their TBR pile the morning after the Read-A-Thon.  You are truly amazing.

Although the Read-A-Thon is long over, I never filled out my End of Event questionnaire, so here it is:

End of Event Meme
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 22, when I couldn’t keep my eyes open if you paid me.  I lasted longer than last year by an hour and a half, going to bed just 1-½ hours before the end of the Read-A-Thon.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
In general, shorter reads to give a sense of accomplishment
Specifically:  anything by Shel Silverstein, J.K. Rowling and from what I hear, (I need to get on the bandwagon and read the Hunger Games series) Suzanne Collins.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I just wish I could do all the mini challenges, but it’s impossible if I want to keep reading.  I only struggled with a couple challenges because I was not technologically savvy, (ex. the Wordle).  I had no idea how to get a screen shot of it on my blog, so I had to spend a bit of extra time figuring that out.  Maybe some instructions for us newbies?  I will get the hang of blogging.  Hopefully, by the time the next read-a-thon rolls around, I will be an old pro.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everyone participating takes time to visit other blogs as much as possible.  It’s amazing given all the blogs involved.  I wish I could visit every single, solitary blog participating during the actual even but it just can’t happen if I want to get any reading done.  The thought alone of everyone reading together (all over the world) is a really cool thing.  And I always have the list of blogs to browse after the read-a-thon, and I’m thankful for that.
5. How many books did you read?
Two (2).  I always have such high expectations for myself.  But then, all my picks were rather long.  Next time I am going to include a few shorter reads.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by Rebecca Wells
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Alice I Have Been
8. Which did you enjoy least?
The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder; only because I liked Alice I Have Been a smidge more, and this was the only other book I read.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Love the rhyming cheers.  No advice; the more the merrier.  It really helps.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely participate again.  I will be a reader next time as well.  I have too much fun not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment