Saturday, October 09, 2010

Read-A-Thon Update: Onward Through Hour 7

It's now 11:00 and I'm entering into Hour 7.

My girls have both joined me in the Read-a-Thon, but right now are now playing a board game to take a break.  I am delighted they chose to play a board game versus turn on the TV or a video game.  
  • Randi is reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini, and has now decided she would like a baby dragon.
  • Sydney is reading Rotten School:The Big Blueberry Barf-Off by R.L. Stine.  I have a feeling this book may be a little easy for her reading level, but at least she's reading!
  • Jennifer has informed me that my 4-month old granddaughter Leighton has also joined me the Read-A-Thon.  She sent me a picture to my phone, and once I figure out how to get it on here I will post!  Too cute, my little reader!  
My updates:

I finished Alice I Have Been.  I really enjoyed this book and will have to write a review on it later.  It brought me to tears and further ignited my obsessive interest in all things Charles L. Dodgson (aka. Lewis Carroll).  What an interesting, interesting man.   And this book wasn't even focused oh him, but he fills in the cracks and whispers to be figured out.  

Currently Reading:
The Canterbury Tales as retold by Peter Ackroyd, and
The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder, interchangeably.
Most likely I will probably grab other books to read in their midsts as well!

So far: 
135 pages read cumulatively.  I haven't been keeping track of time...all I know is, I would be reading a lot more if I wasn't stopping to do mini challenges and blog.  But it's so fun to do so! 

I've participated in 4 mini challenges and really wish I had time to do every single one.  So far, my favorite challenge was the Six Word Celebration, hosted by Estella at Estella's Revenge.  If I had more time I know I could come up with something better, but here are my 6 words to celebrate the read-a-thon:

~ Turn pages toward better understanding.  Read! ~

Back to reading!
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment