Saturday, October 09, 2010

ReadAThon Hour 2 Mini Challenge


Mini Challenge hosted by Elizabeth over at Miss Wisabus

TOP 3 Children's Stories



Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak ~ I love it so much I can't see the movie, as I am afraid it will ruin the original.


Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech ~ I read this in college and LOVED it.  I wonder how I would've reacted differently if I would've read it as as a child.  I just related to the story on so many different levels and it brought tears, which is always an indication to me of a good book!

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh by Robert C. O'Brien ~ I don't remember what I loved most about this story because I read it as a child.  I definitely need to revisit it as an adult!  I just know it has stuck with me all these years and I always have the urge to pick it up and read it again.


5 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to cheer you on! Looks like you have some great books picked out for the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about Walk Two Moons but still haven't read. I loved NIMH as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kate! Appreciate it! I just wish I had time to go around and feast on everyone's blog and do every single mini challenge. I'd get no reading done though!

    Ronnica, I loved Walk Two Moons. Definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is your reading progress? I am here to cheer you on as an official cheerleader. Go Trish, Go Trish, Be Reading, Keep Reading, Yeah Book Lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the cheers! I feel like I'm reading so slooooowwwwww. I can't believe we are already starting on Hour 8.

    ReplyDelete