Halfway done?! Where has the time gone!
1. What are you reading right now? The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by Rebecca Wells. I am loving it as I knew I would.
2. How many books have you read so far? I have dipped into three different books, only finishing one - Alice I Have Been. I'm almost halfway through the one I'm reading now.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I am most looking forward to finishing The Crowning Glory and starting back into The Canterbury Tales.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? not particularly! My girls join in when they feel like reading and are generally keeping themselves busy. They even baked a batch of brownies! My husband is down with a hurt back so it would've been a mellow day anyways.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Only interruptions so far have been from my kids but I welcome them!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How extremely FAST the time goes by! And how hard it is to do mini challenges when you are trying to read. I want to do them all, but just can't.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? no suggestions. I think it's great the way it is!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? As a reader, I might throw some shorter reads in there amongst the longer ones so it feels like I accomplished more!
9. Are you getting tired yet? yes I am...but not horribly. This is the time of day when I usually brew up a pot of coffee anyways, as 3:00-4:00 PM is my sleepy time for some reason. So I'm used to feeling sleepy around this time...and a pot of coffee is not far away!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Cheerleaders, you have no idea how your cheers help us readers! Really. Love coming to my blog to find you cheering me on...it helps. It really does. Readers, something that is helping me is checking in every hour to see where I'm at. I don't post every hour, but I check follow up comments, etc. and look at a few other blogs for a break. It really breaks up the monotony and keeps me connected to other participants.