- Sydney finally joined us! She slept so much she still feels tired! She managed, however, to complete The Little Prince and read with me for a bit from The Witches of Worm.
- Randi completed Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
- I entered another mini challenge with Nomad Reader. This was a fun one! It required going to Google Maps and placing a pin on the map where our current book's setting happens to take place. The Master Puppeteer takes place in Feudal Osaka, Japan (12c. 19c.) I didn't notice any other pins in that area on the map.
- I also entered a Mini Challenge for Reading is Fundamental. Although I missed the deadline, I thought this one was worthy whether I'm up for a prize or not. I chose to spend some time reading with my 9-year old daughter. I always love the chance to spend time reading together. So this was a no-brainer. We are reading The Witches of Worm. It is a rather frightening, eerie tale, but we enjoy it nonetheless! Reading with our kids is important!
Pages read since last update: 41 pgs
Running total of pages since started: 174 pgs
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 hour 15 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since started: 5 hours 30 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: 6
Other participants visited: Reading with Tequila (A blog title after my own heart)
Prize you've won: Zip. Zilcha. Nada. I'm loving the read-a-thon regardless!What I've eaten/drank: Clementines and some water.
What I've been doing when not reading:
- talking to my girls
- showing Sydney my blog and how to become my follower
- talking about Witches of Worm with Sydney
- seeing off Randy and Randi as they go off on a fabric/design hunt for Randi's puppet costume