Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-A-Thon Hours 1 -3

I got a bit of a late start, beginning 45 minutes into the read-a-thon, so I'm posting a tad later than I wanted, but it's all good.

Mini Challenge Hour 1

Where are you reading from today? I'm reading from my home in Brea, CA.  I am reading on my couch, but will likely move around during the day to keep from getting bored.  I will eventually take my reading outside.

3 Facts About Me:
1.  I have a unique middle name that I love.  I am convinced I am the only one in the world named Beline. 
2.  At one time I owned 13 cats. 
3.  I have never won a trophy in my entire life! 

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hrs?  Fifteen (15).  I am certain I won't get through them all, but I will give it my best shot.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?  My only goal is to have fun and to try to get through as many books as I can.  I do plan on finishing the two books I started before this read-a-thon began: Wicked and The Master Puppeteer.

If you're a vetaran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?  I'm a first timer.  I look forward to reading other comments on this.

Mini Challenge Hour 2
Hosted by Miss Remmer's Review
The Kickoff Of Champions

In this challenge, we are to discuss what we are surrounding ourselves with as we begin diving into our reading.  I have everything I need in my small abode: my couch, my stack of books, my bed, snacks, and my girls, (who aren't awake yet and I don't have the heart to wake them up so early on a Saturday morning.)  I begin my reading on my cozy couch with a notepad by my side so I can keep running totals of my time, pages, etc.

Reading Update (since Read-a-thon began):

Titile of Books Read: Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Number of Books Since Started:  part of 1
Pages Read: 46
Amount of Time Spent Reading: 1 hour 45 minutes
Mini Challenges Completed: 2
Other Participants Visited: Amanda at A Patchwork of Books
Prize You've Won: none yet!

Off to read some more! 



 

2 comments:

  1. Beline... that is unique, and pretty :) I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel! In writing it looks like Bee-Line...but it's actually pronounced Buh-Leen.

    :)

    ReplyDelete