I read through 1-3/4 books in that time period and finished another book, Pleasing the Ghost by Sharon Creech, the following morning.
I read a lot less than I thought I would, but for me it wasn't about how many books I could read, or trying to outdo anyone else. It was about trying something new, spending some time with my daughters doing what I love, and having fun - which I definitely did. I look forward to October's Read-A-Thon.
If anyone is interested in joining me in October, let me know. I would love to do this with you!
Went to the library last night with the girls. Here's what I picked up:
- Lips Touch Three Times by Laini Taylor [for Laini's blog click here. Such a creative and inspiring woman!]
- Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice
- The Siren Song (Book 2 in The Cronus Chronicles) by Anne Ursu
- When You Reach Me by Rebeccca Stead
- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
- Possessed by Kate Cann
- Cracking Creativity: The Secrets of Creative Genius by Michael Michalko [for my hopes to become a more creative person]